Ball 1 start moving from the ladder, through a piece of wood, landing on the desk.
Ball 1 hits ball 2, giving ball 2 velocity to move. Ball 2 moves down the table.
- I got the models of ladder and desk from online.
- I actually started off planning to do a longer Rube Goldberg Machine by incorporating spiral stairway with dominoes falling one by one, but it turned out to be too much.
- Somehow my normals were super messed up midway through, I tried to reverse the normals but one by one but didn’t seem to quite work for some objects. I had to start a new scene and all was good. Not sure what happened back there.
- Actually ready to present on Thursday, but classmates’ wonderful work kinda scared me off. Then I spend an additional 10+ hours fighting Maya 😥 For some reason I just can’t toggle off vertex backface culling, or objects somehow getting selected on their own. Wild children tsk tsk tsk… Whelp~
Tutorials, Help and Inspirations
- Bowling Tutorial
- Wake Up
- Rube Goldberg
- Basic Dynamics
- Maya Dynamics Tutorial
- Autodesk Maya Dynamics Tutorial