Ultra-Modern Pastel-Colored Plane Model
Note: Improvements to the doors are included at the end.
360-degree turntable animation showing both wireframe and smooth shading:
Tutorials I resorted:
- Different parts of airplanes
- Airplane tutorials
- I watched it so I would know the general process and some techniques useful in the process
- Tutorial to render a toy plan that leverages reference image
- Taper one, two
- Edit Mesh menu
- Change wireframe color
- Multi-edge cut
- Cutting a hole one, two
- 360 turntable video
Written after finishing the first model from sketch
- Start simple. Work your way to fancy, more complicated models. I thought that modeling a real-life Airbus A380 Lufthansa would be really cool in the beginning. Hours and hours were spent, only later did I realize that one simply cannot run without learning how to walk fast.
- Be creative, and don’t be afraid to try new things. If anything, you can always Ctrl + Z and go back!
- Use visual tricks, don’t have to strike to be exactly the “real” thing.
Improvement after critiquing in class
I used used polygons to make the doors and used boolean difference. Snapshots from different angles are shown and an updated video can be found here.